4.5 Nursing Contact Hours FBN-50-777
2 CCM Ethics Contact Hours
CCMC Approval #170001576
2 CDMS Ethics Contact Hours CDMS Approval # 20170054
2 CRCC Ethics Contact Hours CRCC Approval # TRN2001756
Goals for the leadership forum: To increase the attendee?s awareness of opportunities
to develop their leadership skills for personal and professional growth and to
enhance their knowledge and competence regarding ethical issues facing case
managers and nurses. Following the
leadership forum, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the impact of today's? healthcare environment on leaders and
- Identify the signs of stress, burnout and disengagement.
- Discuss nursing leadership strategies to help build your own
resiliency and that of your staff.
- Name the 8 principles of the code of professional conduct for case
- Define ethics.
- Discuss the concerns and issues for maintaining ethics in
- Participants will understand and discuss the importance of adhering
to ethical and professional standards for board-certified case managers,
the scope of practice for the profession, and issues that may arise which will
require judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Develop their personal brand story.
- State the five steps to effective coaching.
- Identify available resources for the rehabilitation patient.
9:30-10:00am Registration and Vendor set up
10:00-11:00am Building Your Resiliency Muscle Through the
Ups and Downs of Leadership Rose O. Sherman, EdD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Ed. in Chief, Nurse
11:00-11:15am Break with Vendors
11:15-11:45pm Recreate Yourself - Personal Branding Sandra Spenser, BS, MBA, Expert Business & Professional Services, Inc.
11:45-12:15 Lead With Love Mary-Helen Day, MS, Accomplished Toastmaster, Toastmasters International
12:15-1:10pm Lunch with Vendors: Resources for Your Rehab Patients Sue Brown, MSN, RN-BC, CRRN, CCM,
1:10-3:10pm Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers
and Nurses, Including an Interactive Discussion About the Ethical Issues Impacting Case Managers Ann-Lynn Denker, ARNP, PhD, Member of University of Miami Bio-Ethics Program
3:10-3:15pm Evaluations and CE Certificates