Nurse Manager Rehab Full Time AdventHealth Daytona Beach
To Apply: https://careercenter.rehabnurse.org/jobs/14295412
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL
Full Time Day Shift, 7am-7pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for managing all personnel on nursing unit(s).
- Conducts interviews and hires best qualified candidate to fill vacancies. Candidates can be new employees or transfers within the facilities.
- Follows all hiring policies and collaborates with, Human Resources and education to facilitate hiring and orientation.
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Performs annual employee appraisals on all unit staff.
- Ensures that staff clearly understands expectations.
- Identifies needed areas of improvement throughout year.
- Coaches/counsels/disciplines employees when appropriate in a professional, objective and timely manner.
- Identifies problems, investigates incidents & failure to comply with Policy & Procedures.
- Collaborates with Director to determine disciplinary action and action plans for improvement.
- Keeps anecdotal notes on staff.
- Promotes professional growth of staff.
- Identifies strengths and weakness.
- Utilizes strengths to increase self-esteem and growth.
- Provides growth/educational opportunities for staff.
- Identifies education needs of staff and collaborates with educational department for program development.
- Provides an environment conducive to learning for staff and for nursing students.
- Demonstrates creative and safe staffing management.
- Develops unit schedule within budgetary limitations, while balancing staff to provide safe and effective levels of care and distributes at least 10 days before start date.
- Identifies and implements creative staffing to meet need of unit within productivity limits.
- Collaborates with peers and staff coordinator regarding distribution of personnel throughout nursing departments.
- Makes rounds to assess nursing skill mix and assignments in relation to patient acuity and care needs.
- Maintains productivity level.
- Articulates concept of nursing hours per patient day and approved targets.
- Explains/justifies variances in HPPD based on unit variables.
- Maximizes productivity and quality of patient care within established target hours.
- If applicable, utilizes acuity system to provide appropriate nursing care hours.
- Develops teamwork within staff.
- Supports networking and cooperation with other units and departments to provide quality care for patients.
- Ensure that Quality Patient Care is provided on units.
- Maintains knowledge of scope of practice of all staff as defined by State Board of Nursing and hospital Policy & Procedure.
- Assures patient care assignments are made according to competency and acuity.
- Complies with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Ensures staff procedures within the scope of practice as applicable to the ages of the patients served on unit.
- Makes patient rounds on routine basis to assess, problem solve, and provide customer service.
- Assures adherence to policies and procedures regarding delivery of patient care is complete.
- Ensures complete documentation of assessment, intervention and evaluation of patient care.
- Ensures staff is competent to care for patients on unit.
- Monitors nursing care on off shifts on a regular basis.
- Prepares, analyzes, reviews and monitors operational and capital budgets for assigned unit(s).
- Develops budget in collaboration with director.
- Monitors budget on an ongoing basis and completes monthly budget variance analysis within established timeframe.
- Verifies accuracy of monthly budget reports.
- Adjusts spending/expenses to fall within budgetary allowances.
- Ensures cost containment of resources.
- Coordinates and promotes Performance Improvement plan in unit.
- Documents problems, action plans and evaluations.
- Promotes staff understanding, support and participation in PI activities.
- Participates in hospital wide PI projects and completes assignments within established time frames.
- Promotes Balanced Scorecard.
- Shares information with staff.
- Strives to achieve all goals within estimated timeframe.
- Post monthly updates for staff.
- Discuss in staff meetings.
- Complies/Supports BSC established by Director and Administration.
- Promotes customer satisfaction within unit.
- Assesses needs for improvement and develops action plan.
- Addresses patient complaints in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Patient Relations Coordinator as needed.
- Evaluates progress and readjusts plan on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates effectively with staff.
- Holds monthly staff meetings for all shifts of unit staff. Communicates information about unit, nursing department and hospital.
- Initializes various routes of communication to communicate effectively with staff.
- Communicates necessary patient information to Director of Nursing and Risk Management that may have significant impact on nursing department and hospital.
- Represents the Philosophy of Nursing and Administration.
- Meets daily with staff, patients and physicians to identify problems, problem solve and provide support.
- Presents professionally, exhibiting SHARE behaviors and positive attitude at all times.
- Promotes effective working relationships with other nursing and ancillary departments.
- Actively participates in assigned committees.
- Participates in recruitment and retention activities.
- Collaborates with other nurse manages to provide coverage.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities for Specialty area as well as management seminars.
What You Will Need:
- Three (3) years of nursing experience required.
- One (1) year minimum supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership and management ability preferred.
- Must obtain bachelors degree in nursing, business or healthcare related field within three (3) years of hire
- Current Florida RN license required.
- Current BLS certification.
The nurse manager is responsible and accountable for planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the management & clinical practice activities for the nursing unit(s) under his/her charge. He/she assumes 24 hour accountability by setting measurable goals and objectives so that optimum quality patient care is delivered and staff is developed to exert care in a professional and caring manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.