Creating a Culture for Success
A Leadership Forum Presented by the
Florida State Association of Rehabilitation Nurses
September 10, 2016
Lakeland Regional Health
210 Florida Ave S (Sun Trust Building)
Lakeland, FL 33801
4.5 Nursing Contact Hours FBN-50-777
4 CCM Contact Hours CCMC 150003675
Participation is FREE for FSARN Members
$25.00 Non FSARN Members
$10.00 Unlicensed Nursing Students/New Graduates
Goals for the leadership forum: To increase the attendee?s awareness of opportunities to develop and enhance their leadership skills and support new nurses entering the profession. Following the leadership forum, the participant will be able to:
1. Discuss the key points of Bullying in nursing.
2. Describe leadership strategies to assist new graduates to make a smooth transition.
3. Identify available resources for the rehabilitation patient.
4. Understand how to prepare for a video interview.
5. Discuss how social media can impact your career.
6. Determine which applicants to interview.
7. State the process for developing a poster presentation.
8. Articulate the steps and tasks involved in coordinating a professional educational event
9. Understand the certification process for continuing education
9:30-10:00am Vendor Set up/ registration
10:00-11:00am Bullying in Nursing
Eliza Smith RN
Lynn Maltais RN
11:00-11:15am Break with Vendors
11:15-12:15pm Professional Advancement-Recruiting & Interviewing Strategies
12:15-1:10pm Lunch with Vendors (Lunch compliments of Regal Home Services)
1:10-1:30pm Poster Development. Facilitator: Donna Bagley RN, MSN, CRRN
Diana Allen BSN, RN, CRRN
Cynthia Hernandez, MSN/Ed, RN, CRRN
1:30-2:30pm Coordinating an Educational Event for Healthcare Professionals-Panel Presentation
Moderator: Sue Brown, MSN, RN-BC, CRRN, CCM, RNA, CMAC
FSARN Panel Members: TBA
2:30-2:50pm Curriculum Development-Getting Your Program Approved & Certified
Kathleen Sobczak, RN, BS, CRRN, COHN-S, CNLCP, CCM
2:50-3:10pm Creativity in Leadership
: Lisa Pervin PhD, RN, CRRN
3:10-3:15p, Evaluations and CE Certificates
Register online only via PayPal at www.FSARN.org
Space is limited and registrations accepted on a first come first serve basis
Limited vendor opportunities available Contact Dawn Etman 727-599-6404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For attendee information contact Sue Brown 954-829-6185 or email@example.com
Thank you to our premier sponsor Lakeland Regional Health & Regal Home Services